오디오가이 :: 디지털처럼 정확하고 아날로그처럼 따뜻한 사람들
자유게시판

Pop Idol's Michelle McManus shows off impressive weight loss

페이지 정보

작성자 Floy
작성일

본문

Michelle McManus looked incredible in a stylish floral dress as she showed off her impressive weight loss in an Instagram snap on Monday.

The Scottish singer, 43, who has previously spoke about her battle with weight and journey to sobriety, displayed her slender frame as she proudly posed for a selfie.

The Pop Idol star, who won the second series of the show in 2003, couldn't wipe the smile off her face.

She wore a figure-hugging green and pink ensemble to complement her orange locks, teamed with chic gold heels.

Michelle, who has been sober for five years, shares two sons Harry, four, and Nicholas Peter, two, with her husband Jeff Nimmo.

Michelle McManus, 43, looked incredible in a stylish floral dress as she showed off her impressive weight loss in an Instagram snap on Monday

The Scottish singer has previously spoke about her battle with weight and journey to sobriety (pictured in 2021)

In 2016, Michelle admitted that during her time on Pop Idol she struggled with people scrutinising her looks.

Speaking on Lorraine at the time, she said: 'It was difficult, everyone wants to look the best they can look. I was only 24, I'd never been to London, it was always made such a big deal, I've been up and down, It's always going to be a part of me.

'I think it will always be a part of me, even if I was to lose all the weight and become a real skinny minny, it would still somehow be there.'

Michelle also said that she wanted to 'wire her jaw up' ahead of her wedding in order to lose weight. 

Last year, Michelle opened up on her decision to cut out alcohol, admitting that when drinking she 'didn't have a stop button'.

She appeared on Loose Women in December 2023, 20 years after winning the second series of Pop Idol.

Discussing her win, she said: 'I can't believe it's been so long! I was 23 at the time and I don't think I'd be able to go through that now with social media. I don't think I would have been mentally strong enough.'

Michelle then got emotional as she recalled her experience in the competition, as it was tainted by judgements about her looks.

Michelle, who has been sober for five years, shares two sons Harry, four, and Nicholas Peter, two, with her husband Jeff Nimmo (pictured left in 2023)

In 2016, Michelle admitted that during her time on Pop Idol she struggled with people scrutinising her looks (pictured in 2023)

Michelle also said that she wanted to 'wire her jaw up' ahead of her wedding in order to lose weight (pictured in 2023)

She broke into tears as she described feeling 'such shame' over the trolling she received and stories written about her while on the show. 

Michelle said: Theanex Test 'It was really difficult. I don't know why I'm getting emotional now, it was twenty years ago."

'One of the first articles that popped out said at the top "Can Michelle sing? Yes. Is she going to be a pop star? But come on lads, you wouldn't would you?" And that's where it went.'

She went on: 'I felt such shame from some of the comments like I had let everyone down. I couldn't understand why people had voted for me because of the comments.

'I would say no now if my daughter asked to go on a show like that because of social media now.'

Michelle then discussed her decision to stop drinking, after she chose to go sober four years ago.

She confessed she had an unhealthy relationship with booze due to the negative attention she received and that since cutting it out she feels 'more empowered.

She said: 'I love alcohol. For a long time alcohol was my best friend. 

Michelle then got emotional as she recalled her experience in the competition, as it was tainted by judgements about her looks (pictured in 2003)

'Then when I got in my late thirties, early forties, alcohol kind of fell out with me and I fell out with alcohol and I just thought it's time to remove it from my life.

'I didn't have a stop button, I'd always have a couple of glasses of red and then be like, "Where's the Jack Daniels?" 'And I just thought I wish I could be a social drinker but I never was, so I just cut it out of my life. 

'And now it's been one of the best things I've ever done. That has been a part of me feeling more empowered.' 

AlcoholLoose WomenWeight Loss

관련자료

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

+ 뉴스

+ 최근글

+ 새댓글

통계

• 현재 접속자 220 명
  • 오늘 방문자 1,382 명
  • 어제 방문자 5,245 명
  • 최대 방문자 15,631 명
  • 전체 방문자 12,674,289 명