오디오가이 :: 디지털처럼 정확하고 아날로그처럼 따뜻한 사람들
자유게시판

Marmion Academy Announces Head Coach Thorpe Retirement From Football Program

페이지 정보

작성자 Elbert
작성일

본문

Above / Marmion Academy Head Football Coach Dan Thorpe is retiring after two a long time of soccer staff management, all star football game however will stay as Director of Guidance and head coach of Marmion Track & Field. (Photo courtesy Marmion Academy)

Aurora, IL - Marmion Academy announced today that after almost two decades as Head Football Coach, Dan Thorpe is voluntarily retiring from Marmion’s football program. Although Coach Thorpe will now not be coaching soccer, he will stay the Director of college Guidance at Marmion Academy and can retain the top Coach position for the school’s Track & Field crew.

"Since Coach Thorpe joined the Marmion Family as Head Football Coach in 2005, he has given his absolute best both on and off the field. His dedication to the program, the athletes, and their households is unparalleled.," stated Anthony Tinerella ’84, President of Marmion Academy.

"Thankfully, Dan Thorpe might be persevering with at Marmion in his position as our Director of school Guidance and Head Track & Field Coach," Tinerella added. "He will continue to be a constructive position mannequin and guiding power for our students and their families, helping generations of scholars discover the suitable faculty or university that best meets their career targets and educational needs. We thank Coach Thorpe for his years of faithful service, laborious work, and tremendous run as our Head Football Coach."

Brief recap of Thorpe’s profession

Thorpe has coached highschool/college football for forty two years, working at eight completely different colleges in four states: Wisconsin, Maryland, Ohio, and Illinois. He began his teaching career in 1981 as an assistant coach at University of Wisconsin - River Falls and he received his first head coach place in 1987 at Turner Highschool in Beloit, WI.

Prior to coming to Marmion, he was head coach for 17 years at 4 totally different schools with an total private record of 120-60. He took teams to the State Playoffs (Wisconsin and Illinois) 11 of those 17 years.

While Head Coach at Turner High school, Thorpe coached the school’s State Runner-Up workforce in 1987 and led the Turner Highschool Trojans to turn into State Champions in 1988.

Thorpe is the first person in Wisconsin history to win a State Championship as a player (1976) and as a Head Coach (1988). He can be the primary person in Wisconsin to play in (1977) and coach (1991) an All-Star Game. Along with Wisconsin, he has coached All-Star Games in Ohio and Illinois.

Thorpe has a record of 101-86 whereas at Marmion and has coached 10 teams which have certified for the IHSA State Playoffs. His greatest end was his 2010-11 season when the Cadets completed as the IHSA 6A State Runner-Up with a file of 12-2. Coach Thorpe has coached a total of six NFL gamers; two prior to coming to Marmion and 4 Marmion alumni: Graham Glasgow ’11, Ryan Glasgow ’12, Jordan Glasgow ’15, and Luke Juriga ’15.

Thorpe expressed appreciation and more

"It has been an honor to be the head Football Coach at Marmion Academy," famous Thorpe. "Not a day has gone by that I have not thought of Marmion soccer in a roundabout way. I'm crammed with gratitude, satisfaction, and a sense of accomplishment for the alternatives I've had, the relationships I have built, and the influence we have made collectively. I'm grateful to the Benedictine Monks, Marmion Administration, the faculty, my assistant coaches, and my household, however most of all of the gamers, each present and past, who've impacted my life in some ways."

Thorpe continued, "I am proud of the journey we shared. It was not simply in regards to the wins and losses, however the reminiscences, challenges, and classes discovered both on and off the sphere. I recognize the dedication from the players and my assistant coaches, and I've cherished each second spent on the sidelines, guiding, and mentoring the Cadets as they developed into robust, devoted, and resilient people."

Famous last words…

Thorpe added, "Two quotes that every Marmion football participant will recall hearing from me are ‘Have No Regrets’ and the ‘Bus Keeps Moving.’

"I will continue to live by this philosophy during my football coaching retirement."

Marmion Academy notes Thorpe’s ‘outstanding service’

Marmion Academy is grateful to Thorpe for his outstanding service to the varsity community and to the soccer program. He has left his mark on this system holding the title of the "winningest coach" in program history, together with providing his gamers with the inspiration for achievement in life after highschool.

"Coach Dan Thorpe has been one of many pillars of our Marmion community over the previous 19 years. He has set an incredible customary in terms of modeling religion, service, and high character to our students. His dedication to Marmion and our group has been unwavering during his time. Beyond being an outstanding coach, Dan has helped to form his players’ lives and educate them to develop into quality younger males," said Joseph Large ’97, Principal of Marmion Academy.

Search for brand spanking new coach now in progress

Marmion Academy’s search to replace Coach Thorpe will begin immediately. Kindly direct all inquiries to athletics@marmion.org.

관련자료

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

+ 뉴스

+ 최근글

+ 새댓글

통계

• 현재 접속자 336(2) 명
  • 오늘 방문자 3,218 명
  • 어제 방문자 4,559 명
  • 최대 방문자 15,631 명
  • 전체 방문자 12,690,409 명
  • 오늘 가입자 0 명