Save your Wireless system!!

페이지 정보

본문

저에게 이런메일이 왔는데요..ㅡ.ㅡ
한국도 상관이있는것인가요??
미국얘기인가요??

- URGENT -

Dear Live Sound International and ProSoundWeb Reader:

You only have until midnight this coming Monday (February 22) to do your part in helping save wireless microphone and monitoring systems from eventual extinction.

Last month, the FCC announced that wireless systems must cease operation in the 700 MHz frequency band by June 12, 2010. In reading through their 103-page document, it’s clear the FCC doesn’t attach the same urgency to the operation of wireless systems that we do in professional audio. (Read more on the situation here)

Therefore, it is crucial that you write and send a double-spaced letter to the FCC (at www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs) regarding the importance of reliable wireless systems to your business and livelihood!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample comment letter for the FCC:

Dear Sir or Madam:

With regard to 08-166, 08-167 and 10-24, I’m concerned as a professional sound engineer and user of wireless microphones. I own a dozen systems and often rent others for use in live concert sound. I'm writing to encourage the FCC’s expansion of licensing under Part 74 to include theaters, performing arts centers, sports facilities, churches, educational and government institutions, which all benefit enormously from reliable wireless microphones used for public assembly.

Unlicensed use under Part 15 - sharing spectrum with unlicensed consumer services (TVBDs) - would eventually be catastrophic to my business and to live events in general. I urge you to expand the categories of licensed wireless microphone use under Part 74.

Respectfully submitted,
Name
City, State
E-mail address

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With your double-spaced comment letter ready, simply:
1. Visit the FCC’s “Electronic Comment Filing System” home page at www.fcc.gov/cgb/ecfs
2. Click on the “Submit a Filing” link under the “ECFS Main Links” section (NOT Express)
3. Click “Add Another Proceeding...” TWICE, and enter 08-166, 08-167 and 10-24.
4. Continue filling out the form, entering all the required (*) fields.
5. Attach your letter, preferably as a PDF on your letterhead, or at least as a Word doc.

Note that Audio-Technica, Shure, and Sennheiser are also offering to assist:
-- Write to Shure at wirelessmicrophones@shure.com for help with the process or find instructions here;
-- Audio-Technica has instructions here;
-- Sennheiser has offered to have its lawyer, Mitchell Lazarus, file a PDF of your comments with the FCC. E-mail Mitchell Lazarus your .pdf file along with a cover letter request.

The time is now, literally. Again, the FCC’s comment period ends at midnight on Monday, Feb 22. Please take 15 minutes to save your wireless systems while there is still a chance.

Thank you,
The Editors of Live Sound International & ProSoundWeb

관련자료

디자이너님의 댓글

올해 전파법 개정되고...

꼴랑 5년이라는 유예기간 지나고 나면...

한국의 거의 모든 무선마이크는 불법이 되고 마는건지...

움... 불법이라 할지라도 대부분의 사람들이 그냥 쓸테지만...

문제는 아마도... 전파 간섭이 심해서 무선마이크를 아예 쓸 수도 없을지도...

대부분의 무선마이크 송신 출력 몇 십mW 밖에 되질 않으니...

그렇게 되면 최악이겠죠...

권승철님의 댓글

한순간에 정식으로 돈 주고 구입은 무선이 모두 불법으로 변하는 세상...
그래도 한국과는 분위기가 틀리네요. 관련 포털 사이트가 워낙 많다보니...

주접버터님의 댓글

5년의 유예기간이 정해졌나보네요.
그런데 궁금한게 과연 지금 사용하고 있는 무선마이크를 5년이나 쓸수있을까요?
워낙 소모품 취급 당하는놈이라...특히 밸트팩이나 핸드핼드는...손과 땀이 너무 타서...
오히려 그 5년간은 다양한 주파수를 쓸수있는 춘추전국의 시대가 될지도...ㅎㅎㅎ
  • RSS
전체 13,801건 / 400페이지

+ 뉴스

+ 최근글

+ 새댓글

통계

• 현재 접속자 368 명
  • 오늘 방문자 4,767 명
  • 어제 방문자 4,559 명
  • 최대 방문자 15,631 명
  • 전체 방문자 12,691,958 명